Infants below the age of six months who drink water containing nitrate in excess of the MCL could become seriously ill and, if untreated, may die. Symptoms include shortness of breath and blue baby syndrome.
MCL ADVISORY - ACTION IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Nitrite levels were detected in your water sample to exceed the maximum contaminant level (MCL).
ACTION IS OPTIONAL
Nitrite levels were detected in your water sample but do not exceed the maximum contaminant level.
- Ohio Department of Health - Private Water Systems Program - Water Quality - Nitrate
- USEPA - Nutrient Pollution
- ODH Health Assessment Fact Sheet - Nitrate and Nitrites
- ODH Health Assessment Fact Sheet - Treatment Technologies for Removing Nitrates in Drinking Water
- Water Systems Council - wellcare® information for you about Nitrate and Nitrite and Groundwater